Accounting Position in Alexandria VA
Renner and Company, CPA, PC has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Tax Senior to join its team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members. To succeed, qualified candidates must exhibit the ability to research and problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate the capability to adequately plan and perform tax engagements, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner. Qualified candidates will also be responsible for supervising and training entry level tax staff. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to partake in career development opportunities including coaching, leadership training, and continuing education.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstration of ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and minimum of 2 years’ experience in public practice.
- Knowledge of federal and state tax law related to individuals, businesses, estates and trusts.
- Ability to supervise and train entry-level accounting services staff.
- Ability to plan, supervise and review tax engagements.
- Proficiency with trial balance adjustments, accrual to cash conversions and tax journal entries.
- Experience with Prosystem Fx or similar tax software.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with client personnel.
- CPA License Preferred, though will consider candidates actively pursuing their CPA license.
- Tax Accountant-Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related field required.
Send Resume to Renner and Company, CPA, PC:
700 N Fairfax Street, Ste 400
Alexandria, VA 22314