Accounting Position in Alexandria VA
Renner and Company, CPA, PC has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Audit Staff Accountant to join its team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members. To succeed, qualified candidates must exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate the capability to actively pursue their career development, exhibit technical proficiency in audit procedures, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to partake in career development opportunities including coaching and continuing education.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstration of ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, prior experience in public accounting a plus.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Basic knowledge of Nonprofit GAAP, Uniform Guidance, Employee Benefit Plans, Government Contracting, and other relevant industry guidance a plus.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with client personnel.
- CPA or CPA candidates preferred.