Accounting Position in Alexandria VA
Renner and Company, CPA, PC has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Audit Manager to join its team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members. To succeed, qualified candidates must be able to serve as the primary point of contact on client engagements, exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, and demonstrate capability to adequately plan, supervise, and complete client engagements in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. Qualified candidates will also be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and adhering to budgeted guidelines as a steward of the firm’s resources. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to actively engage firm leadership and partake in career development opportunities including coaching, leadership training, and continuing education.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to supervise, delegate, motivate, and train audit staff.
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to boards and clientele.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and minimum of 5 years’ experience in public practice.
- Proficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Proficient knowledge of Nonprofit GAAP, Uniform Guidance, Employee Benefit Plans, Government Contracting, and other relevant industry guidance a plus.
- Ability to supervise multiple engagements at a time
- Ability to build long-lasting client relationships based on trust and respect.
- Ability to establish rapport with prospective clients and referral sources.
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with audit team members, both with shareholders and supervised staff.
- CPA License Required.