Accounting Position in Alexandria VA
Renner and Company, CPA, PC has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Staff Accountant to join its team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members. To succeed, qualified candidates must exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate the capability to actively pursue their career development, exhibit technical proficiency in accounting, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner and demonstrate the ability to process accounting transactions for small business and nonprofit clients, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and bank reconciliations. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to partake in career development opportunities including coaching and continuing education.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstration of ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or actively completing degree (intern level).
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SSARS.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with client personnel.
- CPA or CPA candidates preferred.