Accounting Position in Alexandria VA
Rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Accounting Services Manager to join our team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members. To succeed, qualified candidates must be able to serve as the primary point of contact on client engagements, exhibit the ability to research independently and problem-solve as part of a team, and demonstrate capability to adequately plan, supervise, and complete client engagements in accordance with GAAP and SSARS. Qualified candidates will also be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and adhering to budgeted guidelines as a steward of the firm’s resources. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to actively engage firm leadership and partake in career development opportunities including coaching, leadership training, and continuing education.
Skills and experience
- Ability to supervise, delegate, motivate, and train accounting services staff.
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to boards and clientele.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, including at least 2 in public practice.
- Proficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SSARS.
- Proficiency in general ledger reconciliations and preparing for outside auditors.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Ability to supervise multiple engagements at a time.
- Ability to build long-lasting client relationships based on trust and respect.
- Ability to establish rapport with prospective clients and referral sources.
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with audit team members, both with shareholders and supervised staff.
- CPA License Required.